Wednesday, April 18, 2007

St. Jude's Quilt of Dreams




I have a new project - I am creating 2 quilts for the St. Jude's Quilt of Dreams. They don't have to be done until June, but I am excited so I am sure at least one will be done before that. I bought the fabrics yesterday. This is one of them. I am using a strips & curves design to create it. I also have added some other fabrics. Today I was sewing my strips together before work. I think that that part will be done before the weekend and then I will just have to do the applique of the fussy cut designs. A New Twist on Strips n' Curves: Featuring Swirl, Half Clamshell, Free-Form Curves & Srips n' Circles (Paperback)
by Louisa Smith is the book I am drawing my inspiration from. It has a lot of cool stuff, I will need to make one or two of hers.

Just wanted to keep you posted and I will be showing you pix SOON.
Opps I forgot to show you Virginia & Leo's finished wall hanging
Late afternoon at the Marsh's pond

No comments: