Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Do you have a place that makes you yearn to be there?

For some reason I do, in fact I have two. Key West and New Orleans. In 2005 Jeff & I flew to NOLA for a weekend birthday trip. It was so damned hot I said I may never return. It was hotter than it had ever been on the many other trips I had made there. That year, in September, while I was in Germany, Katrina but devestation and pain to my beautiful beloved city and I figured, it is gone. It will never be the same again, and thank God I went that June, thank God that I never wanted to return.

Then it happened, this morning was a bright beautiful commercial full of stars (whom I have never encountered on any trip to NOLA) urging me to come back to NOLA. And as I looked at the town I loved, I knew in my heart - I still love you. I can't wait to come back.

Yes NOLA I love you, I know you are not bright and clean like in the commercial, but something deep inside of me calls me back to your streets. Is it because of my spirit guide, Jefferson Davis, who died there in your city on LaFayette Street, does he call me back there. Or have I myself lived there in another, happy, life? Who knows, I just know that from the first day I stepped into your streets I have had a connection with you and I just can't wait to come on back to New Orleans!

No comments: