Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Applique Society Quilt Show in Tampa

The Donation quilt - I bought a ticket!








Today I headed over to the Quilt Show and WOW! Did I say WOW! I took 240 pictures and only stopped because the camera was getting hot and the battery getting low. Isn't that a cool quilt with the long dress? And believe it or not, the Tiki Bar quilt I have had the pattern for since the Jax quilt show - now that I have my lanai I can make it and hang it out there! Yipee. I have my Margaritaville sign hanging out there now. You know I LOVE KEY WEST - so this is my own little backyard slice of the Keys.



I haven't figured out how to get the pictures where I want them on this blog, so excuse me.
I am very proud of myself though, at the show I spent no more than the entry fee $5 and $1 for the raffle ticket - Whooo Ooooo - that is a miracle for me!
Busy working on the Rowlf quilt. Got home late tonight and didn't want to figure out what is wrong - now - with the embroidery machine. Since I bought the damned thing at Sears I decided I had better get the extended waranty - no telling how long before it just goes kaput!
Anyway, I have all the squares cut for Rowlf and 4 of the side panels done. Now I have to do the other for. I think for the Baby Gonzo I am going to felt his body. Maybe for theBaby Zoe too. It should be cute! I got a cute Fedora from e-bay for one of the Rowlf's to wear.
My son (who the quilt is for) will be here the end of next week so I need to get going on it. I bought furry Minkee for the head and ears. Oh what a mess, but it is very soft and it is coming out cute.
I did e-mail Smith Street Designs about the problem I was having understanding the directions to Wild!Flowers (which is such a pretty quilt) and got a nice e-mail back from Kathy Connor. I believe she is the designer. www.smithstreetdesigns.com Please check out her stuff.
Well, I had better go. Now that Jordin won American Idol (Yah) I am at a loss, at least there is still Desperate Housewives to ponder on all summer. Do you think Edie will get saved? I do.
OK, see you soon - Peace KB








No comments: