Monday, March 12, 2007

Working away on a "quick" project

I wasn't sure how I would feel when I saw my friend Virgina. After all, she didn't talk to me for several years after her last visit & I never knew why. Still don't. Anyway, her and Leo came down from Portland OR and I was very happy to see both of them. I missed her. After all, she was one of the people who stood up for me in my wedding. She & my friend Rae, who passed away a year and a half ago, and who I miss immensely. So anyway, I had this pattern and I was going to throw it together while she was here and give it to her. HA! This is the most complicated thing I have done to date. I sure hope it looks good. If you want to see more, just go ahead and click on the picture link. I uploaded a picture of it completed (not by me, just one I saw somewhere) and the book it comes from. I am trying to sell the book on Amazon now. Thankfully, I have been able to sell my books lately and it 'helps' to finance this hobby. Ok, I have 2 more pages (this being one of them) to piece together & then put the pieces together, quilt & off it goes to Oregon.

Also, I picked up the border fabric for Vicki's New York Beauty quilt. She chose Hoffman batiks - Wade & Poppy & my best store, Heritage had them both, so I just have to draw it out and sew it up. Also, still have to piece the blocks together and then when all done, quilt it. Oh, btw, her birthday is 3/26. Plus we have a new baby on the way & I have to finish his quilt. Damned work keeps getting in the way though. Heck with this need to pay bills!

Peace - KB

No comments: