Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So I have crossed the border


Wider shot of the border., originally uploaded by karrelbuck.

Last night I sewed all the blocks of Vicki's New York Beauty quilt together and this morning added an op art strip. Now I am piecing the border - but keep tuning in because the border is going to have a little twist to it - it ain't your Mama's border (well, it is Vicki's Mama's border) but you get my drift.

It actually went pretty fast, this one little strip, so I might be able to get it done in a week, or so I hope. Then I will pin up Virginia's quilt to the design wall and see where I am, maybe that won't make those other 2 pages of pieces look so daunting! I have to buy more wing fabric before I can finish it anyway.

I watched a really neat Sewing w/Nancy today, it is an old one, but I had never seen it. There was a guy on there (sorry I forgot his name) and he was making pillows by felting & he was also using Angel fibers. I am going to use the angel fiber to make a second layer of the dragon fly's wings. Also, this Sat. I am going to a Sulky demonstration so maybe I will pick up some good embelishment tips.

Let me tell you this though. I learn a lot from all the quilting shows on TV. It is like going to a class, but a LOT cheaper! You ought to give it a try!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

wow! this quilt is beautiful...can't wait to see how it turns out! it doesn't look easy...oh, my, you are a brave one to attempt it!
thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comments on my log cabin quilt.